Objective and Nature of Services Rendered
Technical Information regarding Objective and Nature of Services rendered :-
a) Objective :
The Wing is entrusted with works related to the independent Communication system of WBSEDCL & WBSETCL employing EHV Transmission network, VHF, HF & Microwave links. Power Line Carrier Communication System (PLCC) is utilised for voice communication ( HOT & Dialling), Data Transmission & Carrier Aided Protection of 400 & 220 KV lines from different Power Stations , EHV S/Stations to SLDC and vice versa.
Microwave Communication Links have been established at 10 (Ten) locations in South Bengal & 2 (Two) Locations in North Bengal, one is at Sub-SLDC, NBU & other is at 400 KV S/Stn. of PGCIL.
HF Radio Communication Voice Link is in operation at Bidyut Bhavan, Kolkata, Rammam Hydel Power Station and Jaldhaka Hydel Power Station since 1988.
b)Nature of Service Rendered :
- Arrange for new Frequency clearance, operating licences for VHF Radio Communication Links of WBSEDCL & WBSETCL from MOC & IT, GOI, New Delhi.
- Renewal of operating licences of existing VHF radio links.
- Chalk out plans for establishment of various PLCC & VHF links of new HV & EHV S/Stations.
- Procurement of VHF radio communication equipment (Fixed & Mobile set) as required for Transmission & Distribution Company.
- Arrange procurement of various electronic spares, for upkeepment of PLCC & VHF equipment of field Divisional, Sub-Divisional and other site offices.
- Monitoring and rectification of faulty equipment as and when required by the field units.
- Periodical training of technical personnel imparted from time to time on new equipment & accessories.
- Study of existing system for future planning of augmentation of PLCC / VHF System.